FARM SHOP & BUTCHERS
Farm fresh and local produce
The Owd Barn’s farmshop is full of spring treats featuring cabbage and spuds grown on the family’s own 200-acre farm – so with zero food miles you’ll be doing your bit and helping the planet by shopping local.
The farm shop offers a vast range of homemade and locally produced goods, local beers, gins and unique wines and during the summer months we stock locally grown Perennials and bedding plants.
As well as meat, fresh fruit and home grown vegetables, we stock this produce locally;
● Ice cream from Fredericks of Chorley
● Beer from local brewers.
● Locally distilled gins
● Free Range Eggs and Duck Eggs from Tarleton
● Sweets and Biscuits From Garstang
● Honey and Jam from Lancaster
● Bread and Pies from Chorley
● As well as delicious home made cakes from Wiliams
●Local cheese from Butlers and Procters Cheese
● Bread from Handleys Bakery. Chorley
● Milk from Monk’s Dairy, Hilldale
● Tomatoes and Strawberries from Hesketh Bank
● Spinach, Rocket and Salad from Mawdesley
Continuing the sustainable theme, and set within the farm shop, is the recently opened Butcher Farrell’s Meat Emporium which aims to be a butchers with a difference.
All meat is ethically produced from small independent UK farms that practice high welfare and regenerative farming to heal the land. Keep an eye on Owd Barn’s website and social media for exciting upcoming events including a tasting evening and Supper Club with Butcher Farrell.